Sunday, September 1, 2013

First Day of School 2013

The first day of school came on us fast after a super fun summer.  Cael is not quite ready to be back in school, Avery said she is glad to go back to get away from all her brothers, and Gabe told me that he is ready for the big kids to be back in school so he can spend more time with me!  We are blessed with really good teachers this year, and so far the kids have transitioned nicely back into the school year routine.  Although, I am always baffled as to why the kids wake up at the crack of dawn all summer, and now I have to wake them up with well after 7:30 a.m. to get them ready for school.  



This year Avery has Mrs. Schulte.  I asked Avery what she wanted to be when she grows up and she said, "How should I know, I am just a kid."  




Cael has Mrs. McMullen for the 3rd grade.  She seems like a very nice, but firm teacher.  There seems to be one big difference this year from the 2nd grade - responsibility.  There is a lot less hand holding of the students - Cael has already had to give up some minutes of recess because he left his homework at school and he was responsible for bringing it home.  I was proud that he told me of this mistake.  I asked him what lesson Mrs. McMullen was trying to teach him by having him miss a few minutes of recess and his very Cael response was " The lesson that she tried to teach me is that I need more reminders."    





Gabe starts preschool the first week of September.  He totally excited and has his back to school hair style all ready to go! 


No comments: